Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 42, February 11, 2010 - Sorry!!!

I finally lost it today.  After being stuck in the house for 7 days, I lost it.  I was playing a game of Lego Star Wars with Matthew, and lost it.  Stupid Darth Vader wasn't doing what I wanted him to do, so I threw a temper tantrum, tossed the remote, and ordered the Wii turned off.  Matthew thought I was absolutely nuts, and looking back, I guess he was right. Anyway, it was at that moment that I decided we NEEDED to get out of the house. Ron and I packed up the kids and headed out into the snowy abyss (truth be told, the roads were actually in really, really good shape) to get some dinner.   It was wonderful!!!  We went to Cheeseburger in Paradise, dined on yummy food, listened to beachy music, and enjoyed some tropical adult beverages.  HEAVEN!  We then came back home, settled in, and played a nice family game of Sorry.  Had I taken my camera to dinner with me, you'd probably be seeing a picture of my huge frozen concoction, but I forgot it - so you get Sorry instead!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to get out...sounds wonderful and believe me I have those same exact moments and no snow to blame it on. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously have no idea how you do it!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got out yesterday too and it was amazing. I'm glad you guys got to get out and enjoy each other and that you got a much needed change of scenery.

    ReplyDelete