Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 16, January 16, 2010 - Happy Birthday Momma!!!

So, I'm a little behind again...but, I've had computer issues.  Really.  Anyway, I'm back up and running and hopefully back on track.

Saturday was my Momma's birthday.  Therefore, as is our tradition, my sisters and I got together to make her a tremendous dinner.  Every year we collectively pick a theme,  each one of us picks a course, and run with it.  This year, since we were a man down (one of my sisters is now in Louisiana), we decided to go with fondue.  Our thinking was that we wouldn't actually have to cook, so it would be easier.  Yeah, right...we were a little off on that one!  The prep was crazy - it looked like a grocery store exploded in my kitchen!  But, it was sooooo worth it.  Seriously, who doesn't love fondue???  It was delicious.  So good, in fact, that I completely forgot to break the camera out until dessert...

Here we are, all gathered around a tiny saucepan enjoying my sister's divine chocolate fondue.  (The actual fondue pots were dirty by this point, and who has time to do dishes when there is chocolate and marshmellows and strawberries and bananas and apples and pretzels to eat???)  Oh, and we Skyped-in the missing sister so she could enjoy the festivities as well.  How cool is that?

Of course, there's a runner-up...how could you deny this face??

2 comments:

  1. Love the depth of the picture...you can even see the laptop and all. You captured the whole moment.

    ReplyDelete